I love having a day where every minute isn't planned out and I can kind of fill in the day however I want to. Today was one of those days. I knew I needed to do the usual get the kids up, trash, dishes, sweep, walk, check e-mail (and I really enjoy all of that) and I knew I needed to make a brownie delivery this morning, too. But this afternoon was wide open. I spent a little time online trying to talk myself out of buying a great new pair of sunglasses (ON SALE!) and just "surfing" in general. Then, with a little prodding encouragement from my sweet mama I decided that I really should tackle the stack of kids' papers and projects and get them into some kind of order. I knew what I wanted to do with them, I just hadn't done it yet. Well guess what?!? I DID IT!
There is a folder for each school year (preschool is all combined) for each child. Each folder has the school picture for the corresponding year, a label with the school years listed (ex. 2012-2013) , the grade the child was in, the teacher's name, the name of the school and town, and lastly the child's age. I even got ahead of myself and printed off a label for this year and will attach the picture when I get it. I went thru every report card, hand-print project, newspaper clipping, and drawing and lovingly filed them where they needed to go. Now all I have to do is buy those nifty totes that are made for file folders and each kid will have a whole file full of their childhood papers from school. I'm pretty surprised how many papers I had kept seeing as how I already threw out Makenna's homework once this year and we're only on day five. Can't you just see that teacher *yeah, right your mom threw out your homework ya little punk!* Sister made me write a note in her planner explaining that I really did...later I dumpster dived and found it for her and put it in a Ziploc bag to hand in to the teacher...I'm pretty sure Makenna's teacher is unimpressed with me already!
~Anyway~
Back to organization. I'm really glad it's done and it wasn't that hard. Yet another brilliant pinterest find!
And by the way, I didn't buy those sunglasses...yet! : 0 )
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.