It’s time for a top five of the week again, so here goes ~ the top five things going on in my Home Sweet Home.
5. We celebrated Easter. Still can’t believe that it’s that time of year again. We didn’t quite make it to the Sunrise Service Sunday morning, but we did make it to the 9:30 service for all us “lazy bones.” So thankful for the Easter message and all the hope it brings.
When the girls were younger, I always made sure to dress them in sweet little dresses and hide candy eggs for them. This year, the Easter bunny only hid the hard-boiled eggs and this mama let the girls wear “whatever” to church. We didn’t even go to the town’s Easter egg hunt…hard to believe. I’m not sure if I’m getting older or the girls are : ) We definitely colored eggs, though! Check it out:
4. Soccer! It’s that time of year where the shoes get
3. Baking. I figured with early morning soccer it would be nice to have some blueberry muffins in the morning. I whipped up this batch this afternoon. They sure smell good. Hope they make it to tomorrow…
2. Farming. {Not me, of course.} Farmer has been hitting it hard these last few days putting on fertilizer. Super proud of him and how well everything is working out. Papa has been either making sure the ground that needs worked in front of the fertilizer machine gets worked, or hauling corn along with our new hired hand Danny. We’re very excited to have this young man working for us. He knows how to run a tractor, is loving the cows, drives grain truck, and most importantly is a NEAT fReaK like us! Thanks for all your hard work guys!
1. Worrying. I know I shouldn’t. It’s Graduation cake time and boy is it ever a worry. I have 29 big sheet cakes and 10 dozen cupcakes to do as of now, and somehow I just don’t have it in me to tell people “No.” I know I always get it done somehow, but it just seems right to worry about it ; 0 ) I still have a month before doomsday and I’ve been trying to keep all my notes organized. I ordered the cake boxes, boards, cupcake trays and liners, and have a sheet on my cupboard door next to the phone so when I take an order, I know exactly what I’m getting myself into! More on that to come later I’m sure…
So that’s it guys! Hope you’re having a great week and if you find yourself at a soccer game this weekend, be sure to ChEeR! Go Red team…wait, are we red or blue this week?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.