Last week was such a blur! There were track meets, cakes, cakes, cakes, graduation parties to go to, Mother’s Day, 4H riding, piano lessons, and a little treat for ourselves on Sunday…I’ll show ya what I mean:
Marah’s track meet was postponed from the first week in May due to some very UN-spring like weather. Friday turned out to be a perfectly beautiful day for the Elementary track meet. Marah did the long jump, softball throw, high jump, and 60 meter race. Marah was super excited because she got first place in her heat for the 60 meter race and third place overall. They had a picnic lunch at the track and ended the day with a posture walk where they race to the finish line with a beanbag on their heads. Too funny!
Moving on to the cakes of the week:
I had cakes for Minden and Elwood High School graduation, and UNO. I forgot to take photos of the UNK graduation I did and somehow forgot a Minden grad, Isaac’s cake photo. There were also cupcakes {11 dozen to be exact} that didn’t get their photo taken either because I didn’t do anything special to them. They were flavored or filled and so they just got matching sprinkles. There was a “Happy Birthday” in there too that didn’t get photographed. Guess I gave up somewhere along the way..ha! Anyway, so glad they were finished and picked up! Hope nobody had too much cake left over : )
Friday evening I found myself relaxing on the deck with a couple of besties to help me celebrate getting all that cake done. There was even a taco run involved and some very responsible road-tripping to take Farmer his supper. Thanks for the fun, girls!
We ended the week {more like started this one!} with a super quick trip to Omaha to see Carrie Underwood in concert. The girls {and I} adore her and it was so worth it! Her opening act was Hunter Hayes who was very good and then she sang for two hours! and changed clothes 5 times during the show! No wonder she’s in such good shape…I was exhausted just watching her : ) She ended the show with her song Blown Away. It was amazing! Such a strong, powerful voice and absolutely flawless sound. I can’t even remember all the songs she sang, but the girls, Farmer and I had a blast. Thanks for humoring me Farmer and agreeing to go with us even though you wanted to sell your ticket ; )
A belated but still very Happy Mother’s Day to all! I called my sweet Mama and talked to Gram for a minute. So good to hear her voice, too. Hope you each enjoyed your day and know how much I appreciate and love you. Mama, make sure you redeem your “coupon”!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.