Month

Month

Saturday, November 16, 2013

It's About Time

If you follow this blog you may be wondering what has happened to me?!?  A whole six weeks and not one single post!  I wish there was something cool to report, but honestly it's been sheer laziness and the fact that my internet has been so unreliable lately.  I could be mid-post and it would just loose signal.  I'd talked with the internet provider and they assured me that they were on it.  On Thursday, we had a tech come out and look at stuff.  He replaced our box on the house that gets the signal (I'm sure the box has a "techie" name, but I don't know what it is.) and also replaced some cord to our router.  Now I'm back in business!  So here are the most exciting things that happened in my world while I was disconnected from the world wide web:

Harvest is complete.  It's a good thing, too because I was out of  "to go" containers for their lunches and suppers.  Not only was I out of containers, I was fresh out of ideas for meals too!  They had some good meals, some not so good meals. (Read: Hot dogs)  I did make an amazing recipe I found from Pioneer Woman called Drip Beef Sandwiches.  It was super easy and delicious!  Here is the link if you want to give it a try.  I served them with cheesy potatoes.  Yum!

It is always fun to take a turn riding in the combine.  I was sure to get my ride this year : )  We had a special passenger one Sunday afternoon.  Farmer's Aunt Julie and cousin Isaac stopped out and brought Grandpa Kenny with them.  It took some creative thinking to get him way up there, but the guys did it!  Grandpa really enjoyed his ride!


Thank you to a combine with more power, all equipment working properly, hard working men and little girls that were happy spending time with Papa and Farmer in the field or wherever they could get it, this harvest goes down in the books as our biggest ever.  A huge thank you for all your hard work if you were involved in any way possible...even if it was just keeping me company on the phone or sharing recipe ideas!  God bless each of you!

Halloween.  The girls dressed up and trick-or-treated around the square in town.  We came home and ate our jack-o-lantern shaped pizza, watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! and just enjoyed our evening.  

Makenna was a hunter and Marah was Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz.  
And speaking of hunting, Farmer and Makenna are hunting today.  Opening day of deer season ya know.  Here's a little tune for your listening pleasure:



Keurig.  I have contemplated buying one for years.  The other day (once the internet was working!) I ordered one.  I can't wait for it to arrive!  I'll give ya a review once I get it.  I ordered some Chai Tea, Apple Cider, Caramel Coffee and Hot Chocolate for the girls.  I spent Friday morning getting my "Keurig area" ready.  I moved the coffee cups, dusted the shelves and moved some paper products so everything can be in one handy area.  I am so excited!



So that's it folks!  Nothing much new going on here.  Can't believe it's almost turkey time!  I hope you're enjoying your fall as much as I am...it's my most favorite time of year!  Good luck to all those deer hunters out there and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.