HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hi All!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have gotten back into the swing of the everyday ordinary. I always love Christmas and the holidays, but am thankful to get back to a regular schedule, too. Here's what's been going on in my neighborhood:
During the holidays, I followed many Blog Christmas home tours and I totally loved peeking into all those different homes across the country. Made me wish I would have seen them before I decorated for Christmas. I have so many ideas for next year! In the meantime, I had to come back to reality and I took down all my Christmas decor and got the house back to "everyday". I'm really excited about putting up Valentine's Day things {which is strange for me} but I found the cutest little Valentine tags on ebay.
Maybe there's a Valentine's Day decor home tour I can follow??
Makenna is playing basketball. The girls had their first game on Saturday morning. They played well together and beat the Southern Valley Eagles 32-16. We have games every Saturday until Feb. 14th for sure.
Makenna will celebrate her 12th birthday next week. She has been babysitting and really enjoys earning the big $$$ Ha! No slowing that girl down! So proud of how she has healed/recovered since her leg injury.
My dad had his knee replaced. He is getting along really well and seems to be doing all his physical therapy and taking the right amounts/kinds of prescriptions. I hope he'll be back to normal in no time! My mom has been the best nurse ever!
I did a birthday cake and have a couple more on the month's calendar. I even celebrated my own birthday. I slept in and then talked the family into going junking with me! It was a great day. We had Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and then hit the antique store hard! I had been looking for a vintage typewriter {thanks to those home tours!} and finally found one of my very own. I had so much fun cleaning it up and placing it in it's new home. I also got another old rolling pin {thanks for the obsession love, Mom!} a bag of old buttons and a butter churn. Nothing better than a day finding old treasures! Where's my next stop...
Farmer moved cows and has had corn hauled from the bins. It has been super cold here lately and my mantra has been "Why do we live here?!" I have a new project for Farmer. I'm thinking ahead to warmer days...
It's a grill like the Pioneer Woman has. Wouldn't that be fun to grill up a Memorial Day BBQ on?
Marah got to have an overnight with a sweet little friend of hers. The two are the best of buddies. I need to get them together again. They are both horse crazy!!
So that's what's new here. I hope this year finds you warm and cozy and maybe a little dusty from a recent junkin' trip!
From my Home Sweet Home to yours!
xo,
Nikki
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.