Month

Month

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Our Mini Vacation

As you may know, my family and I went on a little bit of a vacation last weekend.  If I was one of those "fancy-schmancy" bloggers I would have had a guest post here over the last few days, but since it's just me hanging out around here,  I'm just getting to posting and you had to wait to know what I've been up to.  So...not to keep you in suspense any longer...here goes! 

 
There were lions...

{Well, maybe not.  They were sleeping}

 
And tigers...


{Look closely}


And bears...


{Oh my!}


And some monkeys...


{Just kidding, but there really were monkeys!}

We went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs, CO and it was so much fun!  We rode the skylift, saw lots of animals, fed the giraffes, and just had the best time. 


The girls thought it was "bombdiggity" to have the map and tell Dad and Mom where to go!  If this is the only vacation we go on this summer, it will not upset me.  It was just a great weekend away together.  Totally recommend it!  Check out their website here:


and plan to see some other attractions while you're there. 
Seven Falls
Garden of the Gods
Pikes Peak
Cave of the Winds

The whole reason we went away this weekend is because Lil' Sis sees a Dr. in Denver  so we planned a little fun around the appointment.  We've gotten pretty used to the area and nearby attractions.  We  have a favorite mall, restaurant, hotel, and know which roads to avoid!  The girls even know the good shopping and may have talked us into making a couple of purchases.




So here's to vacation, summer, and fun!  Enjoy the ride : )


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.