This week's top five is a top five~ish post! I'm posting the top things you need {In my "humble"
opinion} at your 4th of July backyard BBQ to ensure you're 100% patriotic!
5. Baked Beans! You don't have to eat them, they just gotta be there. You can get 'em from a can or a family recipe of your own, just make sure they're on the table!
![]() |
| Sorry, I HAD to put Jay and Duke on here! |
4. Potato salad, Macaroni salad, and plain ol' potato chips! And if ya want to get crazy, make some coleslaw, too.
3. COLD Beverages! You pick it, but it's gotta be cool and refreshing on a hot July day. Lately, I'm loving Crystal Light's new Mojito flavor. My friend Michala turned me on to it and I'm super glad she did. I've bought 3 containers that make 5 - 2 quart pitchers at a time. Now, my math's not good but even I can tell ya that's a lot of mojito my friends! Do yourself a favor and pick it up on your next Walmart run...just save me some!
2. Watermelon, Homemade Ice Cream, and Scotcheroos! I don't necessarily like watermelon or homemade ice cream, but you gotta have them because if you're like me, you're gonna eat ALL the scotcheroos so there better be something for everyone else to eat! My mama makes the best scotcheroos. {They're what we call the rice krispie treats made with corn syrup, peanut butter, and have a chocolate/butterscotch topping} My mouth is now watering....

1. Hamburgers and Hot Dogs! Don't need to get fancy here. Just good ol' beef patties and open a pack of hotdogs, get the coals burning and you're set!
Now do your patriotic duty and get the groceries cause you're gonna need to host a BBQ! Happy {early} 4th of July everyone!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.