Month

Month

Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday's Top Five!

It's finally Friday (did that mid-week holiday throw you off, too?!?) so it's top five time!  I try to only post positive, up-beat things  here since there's so much negative in the world, but I gotta be honest this week.  I'm posting the top five things that are broken around our home.  Does that ever happen to you?  One thing goes and the next thing ya know it's another...and another...and another?   Here goes:

5. The tv downstairs.  At first we thought it was the tv, but upon further examination we now believe it's the Directv cable box.  At any rate, there's no tv watching downstairs and I'm not super thrilled about calling the cable company.  I really hate being on hold nineteen different times before they actually help me with anything.

4.  The dishwasher...kind of.  It will sometimes turn on with the first push of a button and then sometimes it will take a few tries.  I could understand if it was a 10 year old dishwasher we were nursing along, but we're talkin' new here...not a year old until at least November.  Hmph.


3.  The wash machine.  It's not even four months old yet and somehow it leaks out the front.  I had a repairman out last week to check it out and "Yup, sure 'nuf it's leakin' somewhere.  I'll be back next week when the part comes in and see if that helps."  REALLY?!?

 

2.  The ipod.  It won't charge and I'm not sure if there's any way to fix it.  It's really hard to walk on the treadmill WITH music, let alone without!  I've been taking my morning walks outside since I usually have two "sleeping beauties" when I'm walking and the cd player would have to be cranked if I was going to be able to hear it thus waking up said sleepers.  The outside air is a nice change of pace in July, but what about December???  Who buys two ipods?!?


1.  Our hearts.  We have to "close the door" on farming a quarter of ground that has been farmed by our family for 38 years.  We know it will all turn out OK and that we need to trust in the Lord and his timing, but isn't there something in the Bible about how to treat your neighbors?  We know we're not the first farm family to experience this and we won't be the last.  Those of you whose families farm  may have experienced this and know this hurt.


 I'm done complaining for now.  Thanks for putting up with me and I hope your weekend is a great one!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.