Month

Month

Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday's Top Five...A Week of Firsts!

Hi there!  It's Friday again and I haven't posted all week.  This week was super busy with 4H, cakes, working my one whole day a week : ), fair, and a nasty little bit of allergy trouble.  This week was also filled with some "firsts" for me.  I know, hard to believe at my age there would still be any "firsts" out there without going to extremes, but it's true!  Here goes:

5.  First shower at Papa's house.  I came home from fair on Wednesday night and we had no water.  There was a leak, the pressure tank blew, yadda, yadda, yadda and so none of us had showered yet and some of us had been sweating it out at the fair while others of us were sweating it out irrigating and putting up with pivots and well motors that don't want to cooperate when it's so blasted hot.  (We won't name names, but we know who was working {farmer} and who wasn't {me} ahem...  anywho.  We packed it up and showered at Papa's.  Many thanks!



4.  For the first time I helped feed at least 300 people lunch.  We had to serve lunch at the 4H stand on Monday and I vowed to never eat another cheeseburger, chicken wrap, walking taco, or french fry again!  It was so busy I barely even noticed where the time went.  We had a great group of kids and adults to work with so it really was fun even though all I could smell for the next 24 hours was greasy hamburgers!




3.  I made my very first pecan pie!  Hard to believe, I know seeing as how I love to bake, but it's true!  It looked really pretty and I would have a picture of it, but the camera batteries were dead {NOT a first...}  I don't know how it actually tasted because it had to go to the 4H food stand.  (I hope it was OK!!)  Thanks fair-goers for being  guinea pigs!! 



2.  I had my first allergy shot in the hind-parts.  (Nice visual, I know.)  I've been battling allergies this past week or two and I finally gave up and went to the doc.  My allergies had given me a sinus infection due to all the congestion, so we decided to be aggressive with the treatment.  I was scared, but I took my shot like a big girl and I'm already feeling much better!  Thanks Carmie!  {If I can no longer look you in the eye, it's nothing personal...gotta love a small town!}


 And the most exciting first of the week is:

1.  I became the mom of an eight-time 4H Grand Champion!!  Makenna got seven grand champion ribbons/trophies in the horse show and took grand champion in the junior division bucket calf competition!   Both girls had a blast at the fair ~ but who knew fair was so much work for mom's and dad's?!?





I hope you all have a great weekend and get out there...find some firsts! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.