Month

Month

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer Wrap Up and Labor Day

So, you all know that I'm pretty much like "Mom Of The Year" and everything, but once in awhile, I forget a thing or two.  Today's post is a combination Top Five {Since I didn't do it on Friday!} and a list of all the things I should have taken pictures of these past few days and didn't.  You won't revoke my "mom of the year" title, will you?!?
 
 
5.  The moon.  Have you noticed it lately?  Beautiful.  Full moon and then on Sunday night it was so orange-ish and the clouds were covering it a lot of the time.  Kinda had a spooky effect. So pretty.
 
 
4.  We picked up our irrigation pipe during this long weekend.  It's such a good feeling because you know harvest is on the way and I do love fall! 
 
3.  I visited my sweet Aunt B and she helped me to finish a quilt my Grandmother started back in 1978.  Not sure why Gram didn't finish it, but I'm sure glad I got it.  It was a fun day spent sewing and stitching.  I totally have a "sewing bug" now and can't wait to start on a fun count cross stitch pattern.
 
 
2.  We brought our cows home from pasture.  It's about a month early, but with the way this summer has been so hot and dry we had no choice.  It's always a good feeling when you take the cows to pasture and then it's always a good feeling when you bring them back home.  So thankful for the help of a great friend with this task : )
 
 
 
 
1.  Makenna learned how to water ski!  I wish I would have had the camera.  A friend sent a video from her ipad of Makenna skiing, but I can't get it on my computer...it's the universe's way of saying "You should always carry your camera!"  Anyway, so proud of her!
 
 
Other stuff has been going on around here, too.  We got together with friends over the weekend to watch the first Husker game of the season...and we won!  We had an impromptu BBQ with my brother at his house, I'm STILL mowing the lawn,  and I got a bunch of errands done by myself on a quick run to the big city!  I think we're definitely ready for summer to be over and for fall to begin.  Wish mother nature would cooperate! Hope you all have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.