Month

Month

Monday, June 10, 2013

An Update

 

Here’s what’s been going on at our home sweet home these last couple weeks:

There’s been ball practice on Wednesday nights and games on Sunday nights.  Marah hit all four times last night without using the tee!  Good job, Marah!

 

There’s been some doctoring on the 4H calves.  Somehow they have warts and they’re super gross.  Farmer was treating them with iodine, but it wasn’t working.  We had to call in the “big boys” to help with this one.  Thanks Doc!

005

002

003

I’ll spare ya the really yucky photos!

 

There’s been cakes:

039

038

And cupcakes:

037

007

{I just realized how much these looked like sunny side up eggs!}

 

Makenna discovered this little gem sticking up outta the road one morning on our walk:

009

Us girls thought it was a railroad spike, but Farmer said it was off a piece of farm machinery we call a Whopper-Chopper.  At any rate, it could have been bad!  Thanks for saving me the trouble of having to get a new tire, sweetie!  {You KNOW I would have been the one to hit it!}

 

There was time for fishing:

021

030

024

Makenna’s Walleye was 19 1/2” long.  Farmer caught a couple of short walleye, but mostly he kept reeling in the Drum fish…guess your little girl can out-fish you!

025

The girls got in the water even though they won’t admit it was cold!  This is how Marah spent the rest of her day on the boat:

031

{If someone would have grabbed the camera, they would have found me doing the same thing!}

 

And the crops aren’t the only things growing around here:

013

014

017

018

Love the flowers, but they don’t last long with all the wind we have.  I’m glad I captured them while I could!

 

We had to get to another Orthodontist appointment this week and of course run errands as usual.  Marah talked me into getting her a new bike {stay tuned for photos next post!} and we sat around the campfire with some friends on Saturday night.  Sunday was mostly for relaxing {for the girls and I}, but we did make it to church to tell our Pastor good-bye {she’s been assigned elsewhere} and then made it to the ball field for some summertime sport action!   Tonight you’ll find us at the fairgrounds in the arena practicing for Horse 4H. 

 

Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoy your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.