Month

Month

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Where Does The Time Go?

 

So once again it’s been weeks since I last blogged.  The other day I read on another blog I follow that it’s a safe bet that if there isn’t anything posted on a woman’s blog for about a month you can safely assume she is pregnant.  I decided I’d better get on with posting just in case any of you had read that nonsense, too!  The only thing that’s preggers around this home sweet home had better be the cows!  Have a lookie at what we’ve been up to lately:

Marah had an eye appointment in Denver a couple of weeks ago.  She’s on a schedule where we see Dr. King every 6 months, give or take.  Works out good because we end up going in June and then again in December.  Nice times for a quick vacation.  This trip we took the girls to Estes Park.

DSC_0002

DSC_0006

DSC_0008

We ended up taking a little hike in the mountains and on the way back to where we parked the car, Farmer decided he’d just go up over the mountain instead of following the path we took to get there.  I told him it was a bad idea and somehow this would become an episode of "I Shoulda Been Dead” but he wouldn’t listen.  I made him toss me the car keys {because I was NOT going to be stranded just because he wanted to be Mountain Dan} and off we went our separate ways.  Needless to say he was right {as usual} and he didn’t end up dead or even close.  In fact, he beat us girls back to the car.  Anyway…we saw some beautiful scenery:

DSC_0015

DSC_0013

And as most of you know, we have a habit of stopping off at the American Girl doll store.  This trip was no exception.  The dolls needed bikinis.

DSC_0020

We made it back home after a quick detour thru Wray, CO to visit my sweet Grandma who lives in the home there now.  We had a funny experience with another resident while we were there.  If you see the girls sometime, ask them about it.  It involves a story they love to tell because I let them use a swear word!  {Oh, Delores.  We don’t know you and you don’t know us, but we will always hold a special place in our hearts for you.  Thanks for the laughs!} 

We have caught some good rains and avoided some nasty wind that over-turned many pivots south of us.  Farmer got the corn hilled and the guys have the pipe all laid out.  Marah kept me busy last week running her to town to the Opera House.  The Missoula Children’s Theater was in town doing The Secret Garden.  Marah landed a part as Firefly #4!  Practice everyday from 9-1:30 then two shows on Saturday.  It was so cute and she was so proud of herself!

DSC_0015

She’s the one in the back with her hands straight up.

DSC_0020

Far left.

 

DSC_0010

Entire cast.

 

Makenna has been busy with 4H of course and next week we will meet to ride at least twice a week.  I can’t believe we’re down to two and a half weeks before fair!  YIKES!  Makenna has a dentist appointment to have a baby tooth pulled to make room for a permanent one coming in.  A few nights ago, Marah came down to tell me that she had exciting news.  Makenna had lost a tooth!  I thought: “Wow!  What are the chances that that would happen?  Now we don’t need to have it pulled!”  Well, apparently the chances aren’t that good because it wasn’t the tooth that needed to come out.  It was a different tooth.  Guess we’ll go to the dentist like we’re supposed to on Thursday…bummer.

 

Farmer hasn’t been all work and no play lately.  On Sunday evening, he was able to go skydiving again.   He did it last year when this company came to Minden.  It must have been fun because he was eager to go again!

 

DSC06984

DSC06991

DSC06993

DSC06996

Happily, he made it safely back to the ground and to us girls!  Would you please quit doing that now?!?

 

And of course I had a couple of cakes to get done. 

DSC_0004 

Look Thressa!  I did one with basket weave : )

DSC_0005

So that’s our life over the last couple of weeks.  Ball games will wrap up this weekend and then we get to celebrate the Fourth of July!  We’ve got swimming lessons and VBS coming up and then we’re heading to the county fair!  Summer goes so fast!  Hope yours is going great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.