Month

Month

Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday's Top Five!

Hi All!
  I know it may seem strange to see a Friday's Top Five this week cuz well let's face it...I haven't been the best at posting on Friday's this summer.  But I'm changin' my ways and gettin' back to business!  Here are the top five things happening here at home this week:


5.  I am fixin' to do a little craft project this afternoon.  If you love pinterest like I do, I bet you've seen this little pin.


I'm really excited to give it a try because I love the way it looks and it seems super easy!  If you want to check out the tutorial and you don't pinterest (how can you NOT?!?)  have a look here.
I'll let you know how mine turns out. 


4.  I got my laundry room wall painted.  Yes, only one because it was a different color than the other three and I had decided it needed some tender loving care.  One too many times of slamming the door (not on purpose) had knocked my decor off the wall and left nasty skid marks and ugly nail holes.  I painted it a light brown color called Cobblestone.  It was a burgundy color, so it seems much brighter in there to me now.  I decided a new rug and the burlap wreath I'm going to do will be the perfect new additions to that space.  Anything to make laundry time fun!

{Not my laundry...just a google pic!}


3.  Farmer has been gathering bulls from the pasture.  Always a nice feeling to have the bulls back out of the pasture after breeding season.  Bulls are so big and bossy. It'll be good to have them closer to home that way if when they get themselves into trouble, we're right here.

{Not our bull.  Just a google image.}

2.  Back to school!  The girls went back to school this week.  I can hardly believe the summer is "over", but both girls were super excited to go back on Wednesday morning.  Makenna is a 5th grader now {and too cool to have her pic taken in front of the school} and Marah is a 2nd grader now.  They both came home and told how they loved their teachers and how everything was so fun!  New rules,  ipads, new friends, old friends, field trips scheduled, and homework for the parents! {say wha?}  We're really looking forward to a great year!  GO WHIPPETS!

{These are our kids.  Not a google image!}






1.  Birthday time!  Marah turns eight on Saturday and she's really proud of herself for it.  She even said to me this morning "You really don't even need to say I'm 7 anymore cause I'm pretty much 8!"  We'll have a pizza and bowling party tomorrow at noon.  She couldn't really decide what she wanted for her birthday, so I guess it'll just be a surprise ; )  She was sure she wanted carrot cake for her birthday, but could she also just have some icing in a decorator bag to squirt in her mouth!!  Oh, to be an ALMOST 8 year old!



Happy Weekend Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.