I promised you the rest of the cake pictures, so I'll make good on that today. It has been a good week with some days being busy and some not so busy. I like it like that. Kinda evens out the week. Here's a peek at what happened around here:
Those four finished up what was left from graduation cakes. The girl graduated from Kearney High, but was using her own color theme. I bet that was a bright party!
This cake was made for our friends' annual crawfish boil. They have it each year over Memorial weekend. This year, we had perfect weather. It was warm and mostly sunny, but there were times of clouds that kept us from melting. The wind wasn't even howling so we could sit and enjoy conversation outside. We even had a huge fire pit going for the evenings. A good time was had : )
These are s'mores on a stick. I found the idea on pinterest and thought they'd be a good project for the girls to try. Just a big marshmallow on a lollipop stick, dipped in melting chocolate and a teddy graham stuck to the front. I must say...for a person who doesn't like s'mores {I know, but I just don't} these were yummy! Give 'em a try. Super easy and kid friendly!
This last cake is a birthday party cake. It's a dump truck. I wish I would have made the "windshield" a lighter shade of blue, and the whole thing a deeper shade of yellow. Oh well. Live and learn.
The girls and Farmer and Papa had a fishing day once this week. I worked a day and a couple of hours on Friday, got the groceries and scored some pajamas, a dress and a top for Marah at the GAP all for $11.97! They can have the best sales if you catch them! We finished off the week by going out to a movie and pizza on Friday night.
Farmer wasn't too excited to see this movie, but he was pleasantly surprised. I was a little worried it would be too scary for Marah, but I was totally wrong. It wasn't at all what I thought it would be. It was better! If you don't have plans this weekend, check out the movie Maleficent. I bet you'll like it : )
I hope you all had a safe and happy Memorial weekend and are ready to kick off the month of June! I hear my lawn mower calling my name, so I better get to it! Happy weekend!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.