Month

Month

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rain, Power Outages, and A Volcano

It rained today.  As a farmer's wife, I am usually pro-rain.  My hubby, whom I will now call "Farmer" isn't too concerned about field work yet and it definitely isn't harvest, so today was a good day for rain.  That's really a story for another time...farmers and the weather, sigh.

 Anyway,  I had errands to run today and I slipped in a little time for browsing thru Old Navy and Hobby Lobby.  Good times.  When I got home however, the good times were not to be had.  I was unpacking groceries and the power went "dim."  After a call to the power company I soon realized I wasn't alone but I still didn't know why it happened.  Sadly our DVR suffered some damage from the mysterious power problem  and we now have to wait 2-5 business days for the new one to arrive. Fine. I can live with that, it's the thought that all the programs saved on said DVR are gone!  Gone are last night's unwatched episodes of Jersey Couture (sniff, sniff).  Gone are the girls' Disney movies I was too cheap to buy on DVD let alone BluRay.  Gone, all gone along with lots of other highly important programming...

On a more serious note, this week is "Vv" week in Kindergarten and today Marah brought home her very own volcano.  We had to have an eruption before I could get supper started. 

Good Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.