Month

Month

Sunday, April 22, 2012

When You're Serious About Sweet Corn

Farmer has been planting corn and doing a pretty good job of it, I might add.  All seems to be going smoothly and the weather has cooperated nicely.  Along with getting the crops in this time of year, we have to think about one very important thing:  SWEET CORN!  If you forget to plant it, your whole summer could be ruined!  I don't want to imagine a world where there's no corn on the cob in the summer.  One thing is for sure, I'm spoiled here in the Midwest and I like my sweet corn picked and cooked in just hours to get maximum sweetness.  Nothing better than buttery sweet corn that's so juicy it runs down your arms when you're eating it.  You can make a whole meal outta corn on the cob and garden fresh tomatoes...
That being said you have to take great measures when it comes to planting sweet corn.  No "a few rows of corn in my backyard garden" is gonna do it for this almost farm girl.  We're talkin' rows of it.  6 wide and halfway thru the field.


Keep that tractor rollin' Farmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.