Month

Month

Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday's Top Five!

I'm so proud of myself for actually posting a top five this week!  Yea for me : )  So here goes this week's version:
 
5.  On Monday, I had lunch with my mom.  She was working, so it was a quick lunch date.  We both had a really nice time just the two of us...and the raisin pecan bread we shared was delish!
 
 
 
 
4.  On Tuesday, Farmer and I went to Husker Harvest Days together.  It was hot and windy, but somehow we didn't seem to mind.  It was fun looking at all the equipment, talking with some of the farm marketers we know, and dreaming about having one of everything we wanted!
 
 
 
 
3.  On Wednesday, it rained.  It was so good to see rain and the weather the past few days has been absolutely beautiful.  I love fall and am totally enjoying my cool morning walks and opening up the house for fresh air in the afternoon and evening.
 
 
 
2.  On Thursday, I went to our local floral shop before heading to work.  They were having their annual fall open house with 20% off.  I didn't find any fall decor I had to have, but I did buy myself a new flag for the front of the house.  I've been wanting one for a long time and finally bought it - and on sale!
 
 
 
1.  Last Friday, the girls were going to stay overnight with Farmer's mom.  I packed their overnight bags, gave them their backpacks and sent them on the bus to school.  Somewhere between home and the elementary school, Marah lost her overnight bag.  It wasn't turning up anywhere, so we assumed that it had been taken by someone along the way.  It broke her heart.  She had a new overnight bag with her name on the front of it, her new birthday pj's inside and her 3D Nintendo DS.  It broke MY heart!  Then amazingly enough the elementary school called me on Wednesday afternoon and said Marah's bag had been found!  I quickly went to school to pick it up {no way was I sending it home on the bus again ; )  } and lo and behold, EVERYTHING was still inside.  What a complete shock to all of us!  Thank you so much to the "bag finder" and for turning it in...blessings to you!
 
 
 
So there it is.  The top five things from my week.  I hope you all had something to smile about this past week and that your weekend is a great one!
 
 
PS- learn a little lesson from me, don't send anything unnecessary on the bus route!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.