Month

Month

Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday's Top Five!

It's Friday!  Here are some highlights from my week:
 
5.  The wind has been blowing for two days but today it isn't supposed to be as bad.  I'm so thankful the wind died down.  I brought in all my beloved mums and my Whippet flag so that they didn't get destroyed.  Our yard is so full of cornfield debris, that it looks like big piles of snow in the yard.  Who needs leaves when you can just jump in the mother nature made piles of corn husks?!?
 

*Ours aren't this big, but you get the idea.*
 
 
 
4.  I was at the store pretty much alone on both Wednesday and Thursday, and although it's always more fun when the boss lady is around, I found plenty of things to do to occupy my time.  I changed all but two of  the mannequins, swept up and dusted things, played with  rearranged the jewelry, and changed the whole boot display.  I even had my facebook/texting skills tested out and ended up making the sale!  Next week will be fun with the 3rd annual fall open house coming up.  Boss Lady always gives away a sweet pair of boots at this time.
 
 
 
 
3.  I got a hair appointment made!  The gal I go to is so wonderful that it can be super hard to get an appointment just out of the blue. {Especially if you need "the works" like me!} Yesterday I thought I'd take a chance and see if there were any openings, or if someone had to cancel would she call me?  Well guess what?!?  She can get me in on the 30th of THIS month!  Whoo Hoo!  I'm super excited.
 

 
 
 
2. and 1. These two fit together this week.  Corn harvest is finished and there's a Husker game this weekend.  Last weekend, we had a bit of rain so the elevator was closed and no harvesting was going on.  The Huskers had a "bye" week {which we probably needed after that loss to Ohio...boo hoo}, but it just seemed wrong to me.  I mean here we are in the middle of October in the corn belt of the US and there's no harvesting AND no football?!?  How can this be??  The one {and only} time I drove grain truck during harvest, there seemed to me to be no better place than in that old Ford truck listening to the Huskers on 880 AM.  I have never felt like a truer Nebraskan that those Saturdays bouncing down the road with a load of corn listening to the game announcers describe each play.  It was a beautiful thing.  So this week, all is right with the world again.  Although this year's harvest is finished, there are still people picking corn and there is a game this weekend!  GO BIG RED!!
 
 
 
 
 
Happy weekend everybody!
 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.