Month

Month

Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Top Five

So once again I didn't post a top five on Friday and let me just say it's harder than one would think to pick five top things from their week.  I thought it would be a good way for me to hi-light the week's activities, but sometimes it seems like we do the same thing week in and week out.  I do love a routine, however and don't mean to be complainin'.  : 0 )  So, I'm gettin' to it.  Just a couple of days late.  Here goes:

5.  I got my cake and some cupcakes done this week.  The cake was a fun first for me.  I've done camouflage before, but not a hunter.  There was also a little inside joke on this one and I hope the birthday boy enjoyed the humor. 



4.  I made this chex mix over the weekend.  My family had been craving it for a couple of weeks, but  I have "rules" when it comes to Chex Mix.  It can only be made near Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's Eve.  I don't know why other than that's the only time we ever had it when I was a kid.  Just trying to follow tradition, folks.  I gave in a made some Saturday morning and honestly it's not that long until Thanksgiving.  The world didn't stop, either.  It'll be OK, right? ...

It sure has been tasty.
 
 
 

3.  The girls and I finally got around to carving our pumpkins. I typically do Marah's for her since the mere smell of pumpkin makes her gag, but she did tell me what she wanted it to look like : 0 )  Makenna wasn't afraid to get right in there and dig out all that goo!
 
 
 
 
 
2.  I had been working on putting an outfit together this week and I went out on a limb and ordered skinny jeans to pull the whole outfit together.  I ordered two different styles hoping one would work.  I got the top part of the outfit before the jeans came.  Somehow the tops didn't work out like I planned.  Then the jeans came.  *And here's the real lesson of the story*  Don't buy skinny jeans a size bigger thinking "skinny"means that you've out grown them, buy your size.  Otherwise you'll end up looking like a hot mess.  Somehow it feels good that I was too "skinny" for those skinny jeans!  Haha.  The jeans are going back Tuesday morning.
 
This is STILL cute...just not on me.
 
 
1. Parent/Teacher conferences were this week.  We got good reports on both the girls ~ I wasn't too worried.  They seem to be doing well and enjoying school, so that was great to hear! 
 
 
 
Have a super week and be safe Trick-or-treating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.