Month

Month

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

This Morning

Over the weekend we made a trip to the Denver, CO area.  Once again we had an eye doctor appointment there for Marah.  Our time away was great.  We had lunch/supper at the local Buffalo Wild Wings so we could watch the Husker game {we weren't the only Big Red fans there!}, we made a stop at the American Girl store, I got some new perfume, and we went thru the most amazing car wash.  Yes, I said car wash.  It was called Suds Factory.  You pull up, order from the "menu", get out of your vehicle and go inside the station to enjoy, TV, coffee, snacks, and watch your car get a complete salon package.  Our vehicle is now a car wash snob.  It will only like "full service" car washes.  It was vacuumed, floor mats cleaned, insides wiped down, windows cleaned, tires and rims all shined up, and a deluxe wash.  Amazing. It was at this point that I realized we are living a sheltered life.  No fancy schmancy car washes nearby, no American Girl store down the street, and no Starbucks or Scooters for miles.  Roughing it people.  Roughing. It.  So I decided to take matters into my own hands this morning and try to remedy at least one of the problems.

I added this to my coffee so I felt like I was drinking a coffee shop coffee.  I have to say it was pretty good.  It's Hershey's Chocolate Caramel International Delight creamer. It's in the refrigerated section at your grocery store.  If you're like me and it's miles to one of those yummy coffee houses, try this tomorrow morning.  You might start feeling all big city like.

So while I was in the kitchen, I decided to try a recipe I've been holding onto for awhile now.  It's called Snickerdoodle Bread.  Here are the ingredients:

{sugar and flour in the canisters}
 
I have it all mixed up and it's in the oven baking now.  It smells wonderful and I can't wait to try it. 
 


Here's the recipe it you want to try it, too!

Snickerdoodle Bread

On a separate note, am I the only one who dislikes the whole Daylight Saving Time thing? This past weekend Daylight Savings Time ended, so as I was doing my morning "chores" I kept looking at the clock thinking "Wow!  It's only such and such o'clock!"  And then I would add more things to my mental list of things to get done this morning.  Do you do that this time of year, too? In the spring I'll look at the clock and think "Holy smokes!  Where did the time go?!?"  Anyway...

Don't forget to get out and vote today.  It's your civic duty and you know if you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain afterward, right?!?  I'll be glued to the TV tonight for all the updates!  I'm so glad today is finally here...so tired of all those campaign ads!

 
 
 
Happy Election Day!
May the best candidates win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.