Month

Month

Monday, November 19, 2012

What's Been Happening

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I last blogged!  Here are a few reasons excuses why I haven't been blogging:


1.  Yep.  The Hallmark channel has tons of great movies on this time of year.  They play all my old favorites and premiere new ones each year.  My favorite "oldie" is The Christmas Card and so far this year, my favorite new premiere is Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I don't want to know how many hours I've logged tuned into the Hallmark channel already this season.



2.  Online shopping.  I'm pathetic.  I know it.  BUT...it's so much easier than actually going to the stores!  Who wants to deal with the crowds, the lack of parking, trying to keep your lists straight for each store, etc. when you can just log on and shop in the comfort of your own home?!?  And who doesn't love shopping in their PJ's?!? 

My favorite sites:

Zulily

Zappos

Amazon

Go on, get yourself a good deal and some free shipping, too!


3.  The Christmas Revue III.  Makenna is singing at the Opera House this Christmas season and they have been practicing their little hearts out.  They have their first show this Friday, Nov. 23rd at 7:30pm and then again on Sunday, Dec. 2nd at 2:30pm.  This week we have two evening rehearsals before the big show.  Break a leg, sweetie!   Check out tickets here:

MOH


4.  Baking.  Marah has to take treats to school on Tuesday.  The first grade classes are all going to have a feast together.  She wanted to take cake pops in the shape of a turkey.  {Sister still thinks this mama can do anything!} Luckily, she was happy to settle for just cake "balls" as long as she would be the one dipping them.  {HOORAY}








So that pretty much sums up what I've been doing.  I still manage to get to work a couple days a week and run kids to where they're supposed to be.  I have a cake to do this week and then make my part of the Thanksgiving dinner:  Corn, green bean casserole, apple crisp, dinner rolls and some more of that yummy Snicker doodle bread.  I hope to get my tree up on Friday and watch some more Husker Football.  What about you?  Do you have tons of food to make?  Big travel plans?  Whatever is "on your plate" this Thanksgiving, I hope you find yourself truly blessed!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.