Month

Month

Friday, December 7, 2012

Hodge Podge...

Today's post is a combination of catching up, a Friday's Top Five!, and a "Tunesday" all rolled into one.  Here goes:
 
I have been loving my XM Radio lately.  They have a channel devoted to Christmas songs sung by popular country artists.  Yesterday on my way to work, they played Let it be Christmas by Alan Jackson and it totally set my day off!  I was in such a good mood.  Have a listen for yourself and see if it doesn't make you happy, too!
 
 
 
I FINALLY received all the orders I placed online for Christmas presents.  Let me tell you what a relief it was to get that last box!  I can't imagine the pressure Santa feels to deliver each present ; 0 )
 
 
 
I have officially started making Christmas goodies.  I haven't gotten to the cookies, candies, or breads yet, but I did make Chex Mix on Tuesday.  Five batches.  I went thru 15 boxes of cereal, two bottles of Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/2 big containers of nuts from Sam's Club, and lots of butter. I thought about taking a photo of the mess I had going on, but then I decided I didn't want reminded of it!  The whole house smelled so good!
 
 
 
These next few weeks heading up to Christmas are going to be busy.  I scheduled the girls' dentist appointments without checking the school calendar so now we have dentist appointments and a Christmas concert all within two hours of each other.  I also made myself a hair appointment on the same night of Marah's Christmas concert, but I think it will all work out. *I did all of this from my car one morning before learning how to use the calendar function on my phone.* {I also locked my keys in the car that same morning.}  Lesson learned.
 
 
We have decided to treat ourselves to a vacation.  We've actually been thinking about it for the last three years and finally on Tuesday night, we booked our trip.  Our girls were super excited to learn that we're going to.....
 
Disney world!
 
Farmer and I went there on our honeymoon and had always said one day if we had kids, we'd bring them here.  This weekend we will celebrate our 12th Anniversary, so we decided it was time to make good on that promise we made ourselves.
 
  Once we told the girls, we  needed to send them to bed. {It was already 8:30pm}  I was finishing up scheduling our "Magical Express" {transportation to and from the airport} and I thought I had the girls in bed.  Next thing I know, I hear Marah's door shut.  I went in to investigate only to find both girls having a dance party in Marah's room.  I shouted "get to bed" in my meanest mom voice and Makenna darted out the door into her bedroom.  Marah bounced under the covers in her bed.  Before I left Marah's room she decided she'd better explain.  She said that Makenna was in her room dancing it out, but she couldn't dance alone so she came to Marah's room so they could dance it out together.  She was only trying to help Makenna. 
 
Who could be upset about that?!?  They were too excited so they did the only thing they thought would help - Dance Party!  *Secretly I was feeling a little dance party of my own coming on!*  I think both the kids and the adults are equally excited for this trip.
 
 
One of my favorite things right now is the Vera Bradley Agenda.  I got a couple for gifts for people and I also got myself one because I'm going to need a new agenda...2013 is coming soon!  I LOVE it!  It has pockets in both the front and back cover, a little "bookmark" tab, stickers for appointments, and such pretty colors.  It's a three-ring binder type so you can take pages out if you need to.  I highly recommend it as a gift for yourself or for a grab bag.  It's priced right at $25 and it'll be my new "go-to" planner from now on.  You can order one for yourself and one for a friend here:
or just call 308-832-1007 if you're not on facebook
 
 
Last night I took the time to watch a little TV that was not on the Hallmark channel.  I watched "Elf" on abc family.  I can't believe I'm just now seeing this movie in it's entirety for the first time.  It's so funny!  {I feel like such a cotton headed ninny muggins.}  This morning when my bestie called,  I answered the phone: " Buddy the elf, what's your favorite color?"  We both had a laugh.  Take some time and watch it.  It's stupid funny.
 
 
 
Hope you have a great weekend and do something that makes you smile...it's my favorite!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.