Month

Month

Monday, January 28, 2013

Farmer and His Cows

 

On Sunday afternoon, Farmer asked me to come check cows with him.  I love being asked to go along since very rarely am I his “first choice” for a cow-checking buddy.  Our girls are farm girls through and through so they are usually right by his side so as not to be left behind with boring old mom.  But Sunday was different.  Farmer and I went… mono e mono.  I took the camera because I wanted to capture some fun shots of our tame little darlings.  Here’s what I got:

 

C’mon girls!

007 (640x427)

009 (640x427)

013 (640x427)

018 (640x427)

021 (640x427)

These two need to break it up…there’s plenty for all!

017 (640x427)

 

Do these next few pictures remind you a little of the “Pied Piper”?  I think those girls would follow him anywhere : )

027 (640x427)

034 (640x427)

036 (640x427)

A little treat for a favorite cow ~ Yellow tag #52

040 (640x427)

043 (640x427)

045 (640x427)

It was pretty fun tagging along to do chores.  It won’t be too long before Farmer moves these cows closer to home and the barns.  They’re set to start calving mid February.  Calving season is either a sure sign that spring is coming or else a blizzard is coming.  Wish him luck : 0 ) 

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.