Month

Month

Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday’s Top Five!


As you may know, I’ve been reading a book called Simple Abundance since the first of the year.   I’ve gotta say it’s really helped me to see things differently.  I am really enjoying it, and as part of the whole “journey” I’ve been writing in my gratitude journal each evening.  Since I’ve started doing this I’ve noticed how I haven’t had any of those woe-is-me, this is all wrong, negative kind of days…until yesterday.  You know the kind of day where you feel like there’s a grey cloud kind of following you around???  Nothing was seriously wrong, but I was just having one of those days.   Well, it wasn’t until this morning when I was chatting with a friend that I really noticed how ridiculous I sounded and how ridiculous it was that I spent the whole day yesterday with this negative, sorry attitude.  Which brings me to today’s top five.  It’s the top five things we grumble about and take for granted…I think there’s a whole website dedicated to them…aka “First-World” problems.  Here goes:

5.  Having to organize/choose which apps to put on your i pad.  Makenna has been having trouble lately with her ipad and we suggested she discard some of her games or apps she wasn’t using.  Can you imagine if you were in 4th grade and you complained about your ipad or apps?  People would have made fun of you or thought you had some kind of disease…ipad?  apps?  I hope it’s not contagious…

002 (640x427)

4.  I left my smart phone at home and had to come back home to get it because I couldn’t imagine going somewhere without it…what if someone NEEDS something?  What if I miss a text?!?  What if I need to call someone?!?

001 (640x427)

3.  The internet is working so S-L-O-W and now I can’t track my online orders…ugh!  Whatever shall I do?!?

008 (640x427)

2.  My car is so dirty because of all the snow/slush lately that it makes it  hard to see out of my backup camera.  REALLY?!?  How will I ever survive???  Can you back up without a camera???

006 (640x427)

1.  This fancy little Progressive Snapshot device is recording all my hard braking and average speeds, so I’m pretty sure I won’t be receiving the full discounted rate at renewal time.  I can’t wait to unplug that thing…it’s like driving with the cops behind you…whose idea was this anyway???

007 (640x427)

Hopefully none of you have ever complained about anything so silly or wasted a whole day feeling grumbly about it. Have a great weekend and remember - don’t sweat the small stuff : 0 )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.