This has been one of those weeks that was just crazy from the get go. Farmer and I had Parent/Teacher Conferences to go to this week on two nights, {one got postponed after I had cancelled other appointments so it would all work out}, we had a tax appointment – yuck!, Makenna made it to the local county spelling bee and that was Wednesday afternoon, there was no Faith Weavers Wednesday evening – thankfully!, Farmer went to a bull sale a few hours away, the first new calves were born this week, Farmer has been hauling corn, I worked, tried some new recipes for supper, had a cake due, HAD to watch Duck Dynasty and TWO episodes of The Bachelor, and am in the midst of planning a fun family get together for baking tomorrow. Phew! Whatta week : )
Nemo Cake
This was Tuesday night’s supper. Although it looks yummy and the recipe from Pioneer Woman on Food Network seemed yummy, we all heartily gave it four thumbs down!
Here’s the link to the recipe if you want to try it, too… Beware! The addition of mushrooms was mine because well, I had them in the fridge and they needed used. Ever happen to you?
I have also been wanting to try this recipe from Trisha’s Southern Cooking :
I made them for Super Bowl Sunday and took them to share with some friends. They were pretty yummy, but I left out the jalapenos since we have little kids.
Hope your week has been a busy one, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.