It's Friday again, and it almost feels like Friday. Do you know what I mean?? With all those holidays and time off from school, I was never quite sure what day of the week it was. So now that I'm somewhat back to normal I'm posting the top five things going on around here this week. Here goes:
5. Back to School. Like I said...we're somewhat back to normal around here and the girls went back to school yesterday. Since the second semester started on Thursday, the bus route changed {all you rural people KNOW what I'm talkin' about!} and the girls don't get on the bus until 7:26am. We are sleepin' in around here! What a nice change from first semester where they had to be on the bus at 6:55am. It's nearly light out now when the girls get on!
4. I have really been enjoying a book I got for Christmas. It's like a daily devotional where you only read what is posted for the day. Simple Abundance A Daybook of Comfort and Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach Check it out here:
Amazon.com
Amazon.com
3. I have been into trying new hairstyles on the girls. I follow a couple of blogs, and while we were on break {not in a hurry to get anywhere} I tried a new style on each of the girls. I posted Makenna's a few days ago and here's a link to the braid I did on Marah:
Triple Braided Tieback
Triple Braided Tieback
2. I made Trisha Yearwood's homemade blueberry pancakes on New Year's Day. I DVR her show on Saturday mornings on the food network and love watching it. These pancakes are pretty easy and totally yummy. Here's her recipe:
Sometime this weekend I want to try this recipe for Potato Soup from the Pioneer Woman. I love a good soup and especially potato soup. This one looks absolutely delicious:
1. I found a new website or two that has been stealing my free time. I've been enjoying searching these sites for fun new stuff!
This one makes me wish for spring with all it's home decor and pastel colors. Check out the pretty kitchen items.
This one makes me want to sharpen some new pencils and get out the stamps. Did you see those beautiful day planners?!? Good thing I already had a different one bought for 2013!
I hope you've all had a great week and are either enjoying being back on a schedule or reveling in your last days of "freedom"! I had some trouble uploading pictures this morning, so I just posted links to each one. Enjoy...and
Have an awesome first weekend of 2013!
I hope you've all had a great week and are either enjoying being back on a schedule or reveling in your last days of "freedom"! I had some trouble uploading pictures this morning, so I just posted links to each one. Enjoy...and
Have an awesome first weekend of 2013!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.