Once again it’s time for the top five of my week. Here goes:
5. The snow really did come down. I’m not exactly sure how much snow we got, but it seemed like it snowed, and snowed, and didn’t stop. It caused two snow days home from school and one missed day of work for me. Farmer lost a calf during the cold, snowy weather and it sure makes you appreciate all those days when you can just wake up and go on about your business. Why is this making the top five?!? Maybe we’ll have some sledding fun soon…
4. During all this time at home, I’ve been reading in the evenings. I’m working on a sweet little story and hope to finish it tonight…after Gold Rush, of course. Do you watch? Season finale tonight. Will the Hoffman’s reach their 1000 oz. goal?
3. I did a little baking today. I tried a recipe from Picky-Palate. Here’s the handy link and recipe if you want to try them. It was super simple to stir up and hopefully, they taste as good as they look!
Gooey Cookies and Cream Double Chocolate Cake Bars
2. I finally came up with an idea to use a decorative curtain rod I purchased over a year ago for a pinterest inspired home décor idea. I never got around to hanging it for the reason I purchased it because that would have involved rearranging the pictures and such I already have on my walls. I HATE spackling and filling in nail holes, so I just left well enough alone. Now my curtain rod hangs happily in my closet with all my scarves on it.
It had to hang vertically, there was no other way.
The original reason I purchased. {Idea from pinterest} Maybe someday…at least it isn’t just propped up against the wall in the storage room anymore!
1. During all this cold and snowy weather I did what any red-blooded American woman would do. I ordered myself a new swimsuit. I’m either completely hopeful for warmer days ahead, or I’ve completely lost my mind. Not sure really. Check out this website for your swimsuit needs: Divinitasole Swim Wear
Happy snowy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.