Month

Month

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Snow’s A Comin’

 

It’s early Tuesday evening and for the last three days the evening weather has been telling us that a major winter storm is coming our way.  I’ve heard anything from 6” all the way up to 24”.  Could they be wrong?  Could it be that we just get a dusting of snow?  PLEASE?!?  As I had said in this post  {Farmer and his cows} Farmer’s heifers and cows are ready to calve.  He’s had 15 {my last known total} babies already and with this storm coming in, you can bet he will have more.  Our preparations for this storm not only include stocking up on milk, bread, eggs, and M&M’s {yes, I’m serious!} they also include discussing getting a tractor to our house so we can dig out, making sure the fence is nice and secure around the bulls, getting the bulls a bale, bringing all the cows in from stalks and separating the pairs from the ones that still need to calve.  Fun on the farm y’all! 

The girls and I have also been plotting planning our snow day adventures.  While we don’t necessarily WANT a blizzard, the thought of a snow day from school sounds awfully fun. We’ve got a couple of recipes picked out to try and the list of movies we want to watch is getting longer.  And dontcha just know pinterest can keep me busy for hours!

images                                                              aladdin

 

  Maybe I missed the memo, but I thought that pesky groundhog, Phil promised us spring was here?!?  Oh well, stay warm and cozy and make sure you put on a big pot of chili.  It’s the right thing to do in times like these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.