Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness. I have taken a little too long of a bloggers break. Here’s what’s been going on with us:
The girls had Spring Break last Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Today was our first day back to school since Daylight Savings Time began and it sure was difficult to send them out on the bus in the dark again. The up side of today was that is was absolutely beautiful out! My thermometer in the car said 73 degrees. I totally feel like it’s summer time now! Before we could go on said Spring Break, we had a super busy last week. Makenna had a spring PE program last Monday night. Tuesday night she was at practice to perform with the Young Americans and then on Wednesday night was the program. It was completely wonderful! Here are a few photos.
PE Program
The Young Americans
Makenna had a solo (second picture) and the sweet little gal that helped her learn her part was Alyssa. Makenna is talking about going to camp this summer for The Young Americans. If you haven’t heard of them before, check them out here: http://www.youngamericans.org/
What a wonderful group of young people! So glad you came to Minden.
I made a little time to get to the salon last week. I did a few highlights and a good trim. It inspired me to try a few hair ideas I found lately on pinterest. I tried this one on Marah.
It turned out pretty good and it wasn’t as hard as it looked.
I want to try out this one on Makenna.
Three ponytails, braided, then wrapped into buns. Simple and pretty.
During Spring Break, Farmer kept on calving out those cows of his:
It’s going pretty well {so he says…I’m no help!} And he only has 3 heifers and about 33 cows left. Of course it wouldn’t be spring or calving season without a little blast from Mother Nature. Saturday night the wind came up and the snow was a blowin’. We didn’t end up with any measurable snow, but just 20 miles east of here they did get 3”. With all the wind on Sunday, it was a regular blizzard. So glad we missed that one! Us girls stayed warm inside and played a vintage Barbie board game my mom gave me from when she was little. Marah won getting Prom Queen first. She got her dress, steady boyfriend {Ken!}, and president of the athletic club first so on to the prom she went!
While I was busy doing cakes,
The girls worked on making a Leprechaun trap.
We even mixed up a little “trial run” of Leprechaun Bait. Crispix, Cheerios, peanuts, green and yellow M&M’s, Lucky Charms marshmallows {only the rainbows, leprechaun hats, and pots of gold} and drizzle melted white chocolate over that. Yum! Hope the Leprechauns like it as much as us big people did : 0 )
We’re hoping to catch a Leprechaun this weekend and see if we can get any gold!
We took in a few shows while we were not on any kind of schedule. On Thursday night, we went to the Minden Opera House to see the show Annie. The characters were delightful and it was a joy to see. We’re so lucky to have the Opera House in Minden. The girls loved the show and for the next few days, every time I asked them to do a chore, they broke out singing “It’s a hard knock life!” It’s still playing this weekend. Catch it if you get a chance.
http://www.mindenoperahouse.com/
It's A Hard Knock Life
We took the girls to see Oz the Great and Powerful yesterday afternoon. We all really enjoyed it, even though there were some scary parts in it. I don’t know about you, but I always found The Wizard of Oz to be a bit scary anyway! That wicked ol’ witch…she even had her own theme music! Wicked Witch
Did you watch the season finale of The Bachelor? I still can’t believe Sean chose Catherine! I was just sure he’d pick Lindsay…goes to show what I know! A three hour special and I sat right there and watched every bit of it…please tell me I’m not the only one who did that?!?
The “big announcement” was that they’re going to have their wedding on abc?!? I hardly think that was “the most dramatic” announcement. If you haven’t had enough of Sean yet, be sure to watch Dancing with the Stars next week.
I did find some time to make it to work this week {!} and I’m here to tell ya that Hissy Fit Boutique got the mother load of new spring arrivals in! It took me over 5 hours to unpack, hang, tag, and put out all the great stuff she got in. I didn’t even have a chance to steam any of it, but you won’t even care cause you’ll want to snatch it up and make it your own, wrinkles and all! Super cute dresses, tops and tanks…and more coming in the weeks to follow. If you haven’t already made the trip or found the website, make sure you do!
Today I made a trip to the “local” Wal-Mart. My payoff was this:
Yes, ma’am. Nothing better than a biggo diet cherry limeade. Summer in every sip.
Tomorrow I’m fixin’ on getting two more cakes done, then it’s off to the orthodontist with both my girls. It will be their first appointment, so wish us luck! May the Luck ‘O the Irish find you all this weekend! and a special birthday wish to my Grandma!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.