Month

Month

Thursday, April 18, 2013

April-uary

 

This is some CrAZy weather we've been having! It still feels like mid January or February instead of April around here. The guys are usually going full throttle in the field by now and possibly planting corn. This year, we're in a winter weather advisory until 7pm tomorrow night. It was like this last week and I thought: "OK, well this will be the last nasty storm mother nature gives us with that dreaded four letter word S-N-O-W." But, here we are again...What's a girl to do?!?   Apply self-tanner and hope for sunnier days I guess.

Anyway, last week when the girls had their snow day, Marah asked me if I could bake cookies for her to take to her class. Makenna usually has to have treats for 4H meetings, piano recitals, etc. but Marah hasn't had to provide snacks for much. Since we were indeed snowed in I thought: "Why not?!?" Her class really appreciated it and she brought home the sweetest note from her teacher:

 

Note0002

I was happy to send the recipe to school the next day.  {I’m not one of those “secret family recipe” types of gals.}

  So here’s to hoping for a no snow day tomorrow because I don’t want to be snowed in again…after all, it IS April!

 

**Here’s a little something that might take your mind of the weather**

 

Beat This Summer by Brad Paisley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.